Dog is looking for a talented and enthusiastic Front-end Web Developer to join our technical practice based in Glasgow. This role allows for hybrid remote work and reports directly to our Head of Development. We are open to candidates looking for a part-time role as well.
Candidates for this role must have experience translating designs into accessible, stateful, component-based code which works across all modern browsers and platforms and conforms to established coding standards and conventions. Candidates should have experience working with code versioning systems and a modern web development stack. Ideally, candidates will also have prior experience with pattern libraries and/or design systems, integrating with content management systems (CMS), writing test-driven code, and architecting single-page application applications.In addition to technical qualifications, we’re looking for someone who ensures the quality and accuracy of their work, demonstrates commitment to getting the job done, collaborates with others, and communicates proactively.
- Significant experience with translating rich designs into HTML and CSS, demonstrating a component-based approach which keeps accessibility, cross-browser/platform compatibility, performance, progressive enhancement, and responsiveness in mind
- Experience with Sass for CSS pre-processing
- Experience with TypeScript and Vue, React, and/or Angular for single-page applications
- Experience with version control systems, including git and branch management
- Experience building from project requirements, technical documentation, and design specs for testing and development
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills, with a desire to find pragmatic solutions
- Effective communication with different audiences (non-technical and peer) both written and verbal
- Ability to use standard office software – Word, Excel, Outlook, Microsoft Teams, Podio, JIRA, Azure DevOps
- Experience with content management systems such as Umbraco, Sitecore or Drupal is a plus
- Commercial awareness of project timescales and deadlines
- A positive attitude and focus on customer service at all times
Our Glasgow HQ is based right in the heart of the city, on Glasgow’s bustling Buchanan Street, with an open-plan, friendly, atmosphere.
We’ve been around since 1996 and our staff retention is strong, we even have a number of Dogs who’ve been here since day one; and we’re focused on ensuring the best talent available bring their skills to Dog.
We offer flexibility in our working hours, 25 days annual leave (excl. bank holidays), training budget, private healthcare, Friday beers, staff parties, free fruit, a tuck shop (for when you’re in need of a sugar rush!) and reduced city centre parking costs.